Are you holding back from developing your most powerful gifts and abilities because you’re afraid of them?
I was really frightened of my spirituality and my spiritual abilities. The exact nature of these fears was unclear and they would show up only fleetingly, at the very edge of my awareness, or in my nightmares. I guess I somehow felt that by opening up, I would be taken over by bad spirits. Yes, that was the crux of my terror. That by opening a window into the unknown, a host of evil energies would either pull me away into their world or kill me.
Six years ago I had a very full-on dream where I did battle with some nasty spirits that were trying to take over my home. I saw me and my family sitting on the floor in a circle and as a whooshing darkness surrounded us, I shouted for us to all hold hands and command the spirits to leave. I felt them pulling us into their spinning vortices as we shouted in unison for goodness to prevail. We won the battle and I woke up feeling shaken and exhausted.
What was this? Are dark forces real? And if so, can they actually take us over or kill us?
I don’t have proper answers to these questions and I don’t care so much anymore because the one thing I’ve discovered, is that by owning not just our spiritual gifts but all of our special abilities more fully, we no longer fall prey to the fear that we’ll lose control of them.
Since those days of fearing my own spiritual awareness, I’ve worked very hard at cultivating my intuitive discernment and at raising my energetic vibration. I believe these two powerful qualities, discernment and purity of energetic frequency are the keys to feeling safe in a more expanded spiritual and creative existence.
When we’re strong in our self-belief and fully integrated in our gifts, whatever they may be, we get to choose how and when they’re used and nothing can encroach on that sovereignty.
Let me tell you how:
- First we must meditate and I mean do it every day
- We must seek out moments of silence and reflection at other times of the day as well
- We must begin cutting away the inputs that distress us and lower our vibration, at least until we can handle them with more detachment. Eg. the ‘news’, violent entertainment, harmful relationships, damaging substances…
- Pretty soon, we don’t need to make any effort to avoid negative content because when we come across it, we feel only compassion for all concerned and it doesn’t send us down the rabbit hole of thinking the whole world’s gone to hell.
These are the actions that will raise your energetic vibration:
- Being in nature alone and feeling your true feelings
- Purifying your thoughts with gentle, compassionate corrections and ceasing identifying with negativity and criticism
- Improving what you put in your body in the way of foods and fluids but mostly letting go of the judgement of food unless you know there is a definite incompatibility with your physiology
- Paying attention to your breath and making a practice of taking a few longer, deeper breaths every few minutes
- Moving your body when it tells you it wants to move, resting when you need to and making a dear friend of your physical self because it’s craving your approval and care
- Ceasing over-responsibility for the spiritual growth of other people. This is just a distraction from you taking full responsibility for your own path. The people who need your help will ask for it.
This all goes towards freeing us up to begin expressing our version of spiritual awareness and creative liberation to the world. It might take the form of writing a novel, becoming an artist, volunteering in the community, creating an environmental action group, becoming a business owner, becoming a healer, trying a new sport, becoming a better listener or being more patient…
This isn’t about beginning to preach to anyone, feeling superior or making any proclamations of heightened divinity. It’s just about stepping with more confidence and freedom into our God-given gifts. Got it?
You may not be in fear of dark spirits invading your consciousness but I’ll bet you’re afraid of something. Otherwise, you’d already be living that dream-life, wouldn’t you?
One of my sacred gifts is helping people to uncover theirs. Click here to book a no-cost fifteen minute intro chat with me to see if you’d like to have a guidance session. Otherwise, click here to book a session now.